We dare you to try this cake with ice cream and caramel sauce!
1/2c butter (real butter will taste so much better)
2 apples, peeled, cored, and grated
2–3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4c flour (if using self-rising flour, eliminate the baking powder and salt)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in eggs one at a time.
4. Stir in applesauce, apples and spices.
5. In a separate bowl mix your dry ingredients (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour).
6. Add dry ingredients to your batter. Blend to combine (do not over mix).
7. Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce!