If you’ve had the Asian Sesame Chicken Salad from Panera Bread, you know how delicious it is! This easy copycat recipe tastes just like the real thing – with the convenience of making it yourself!
Copycat Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1 bag chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 4 medium chicken breasts
For the chicken marinade:
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce or gluten-free Tamari (dish will not be GF if using soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown
- Chopped cilantro
- 11oz can mandarin oranges packed in water or 100% juice (rinse in water if packed in syrup)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Baked or fried wonton strips
- Sesame seeds
- For the chicken: Whisk together chicken marinade ingredients, and marinate chicken for 15 minutes. Grill, or cook in a non-stick sprayed skillet until done, then let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices.
- For the dressing: Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat, then add in the sugar and stir until dissolved. Let cool. Combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients in a jar, and shake to combine.
- Divide lettuce and spinach between four plates. Top with sliced chicken, salad dressing, and toppings. (Add avocado for extra deliciousness!)
A little more about Holley Insurance…
Holley Insurance was founded in 2000, and retains a core base of loyal clients. We have locations in Roanoke, Rocky Mount, and Forest, VA. Holley Insurance represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies. Therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price. If you’re interested in starting a quote online, click here!