Switch up your usual Taco Tuesday with these easy beef enchiladas! You can make these ahead of time for a quick and easy dinner. The whole family will love them!
Easy Beef Enchilada Ingredients
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package Spanish rice mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1-2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Optional garnishes: Sour cream, avocado, chopped green onions, chopped fresh cilantro, pickled jalapenos, salsa and/or sliced black olives
1. Prepare the filling. Cook the rice according to the package directions. While the rice is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the beef until it’s no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease and add the taco seasoning, 1 1/4 cups of the enchilada sauce and the cooked rice.
2. Fill the tortillas by spooning about 2/3 cup of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Add a tablespoon of cheese and roll the tortillas closed. Place the filled tortillas, seam-side down on the prepared baking dish. When all of the tortillas are filled and placed in the dish, pour just enough of the remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
3. Bake the enchiladas uncovered for about 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted. Let cool for at least 5 mintues and then top each one with garnishes of choice like sour cream, avocado, chopped green onions, fresh cilantro, pickled jalapenos, salsa and or sliced black olives.
Recipe from Taste of Home
Looking for more of our favorite recipes? Click here!
A little more about Holley Insurance…
Holley Insurance was founded in 2000, and retains a core base of loyal clients. We have locations in Roanoke, Rocky Mount, and Forest, VA. Holley Insurance represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies. Therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price. If you’re interested in starting a quote online, click here!