This is an easy, all-time favorite summer dinner for Mary’s family: cheese-stuffed Juicy Lucy Burgers! Her kids and husband all love these burgers that feature hot, melted cheese in the middle of the burger patty. Here’s how to make them!
Juicy Lucy Ingredients
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef (80% or 85% lean)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces cheese per burger (suggestions: Tillamook Sharp Cheddar, American, smoked Swiss, blue cheese)
- Buns, sliced and buttered
- Vegetable oil (for grilling)
- Toppings of your choice, such as ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomato slices, lettuce, mayonnaise, etc.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Divide ground beef into 16 equal pieces. Place between parchment paper or plastic wrap and flatten into patties that are about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut or break cheese into smaller pieces, then add about 4 ounces (1-2 slices) cheese on top of 8 of the burger patties.
- Top each burger with a second patty and pinch edges together to seal completely.
- Rub vegetable oil on grill and heat grill to high.
- Sear burgers over direct heat, 1-2 minutes per side. After flipping burgers, poke a small hole in top of each one to allow steam to escape.
- Continue cooking over indirect heat until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, to an internal temperature of at least 160 F. Remove from grill and allow burgers to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast buttered buns on grill.
- Place burgers on toasted buns, add toppings and serve.
Tip: You can also cook the burgers on the stovetop in a pan, ideally a cast iron skillet. Heat the pan to medium high, add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or butter and cook for 6-8 minutes per side.
A little more about Holley Insurance…
Holley Insurance was founded in 2000, and retains a core base of loyal clients. We have locations in Roanoke, Rocky Mount, and Forest, VA. Holley Insurance represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies. Therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price. If you’re interested in starting a quote online, click here!