Allison tried this meatloaf meatball recipe for the first time last week and her family immediately declared it a winner!
Meatloaf Meatball Ingredients:
- 2 lbs of Ground Beef (other Ground Meat can be subbed) 80/20 mix on the beef recommended
- 1 Sleeve of Saltine Crackers, crushed up fine
- 2 Eggs, room temp
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Minced
- 1 Medium Green Pepper Minced
- A couple of hearty shakes of Garlic Powder
- 3 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- shake of black pepper
- couple of shakes of worcestershire sauce
- *1/2 cup crushed tomatoes in a can for extra saucy meatballs
Meatloaf Meatball Instructions:
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, saltines, eggs, onions, peppers, and the garlic powder. It is important to finely mince the onions and peppers and crush the saltines. Mix the ingredients so it is well combined, but do not over mix. Over mixing is what makes meatballs dense.
- Roll your meatballs into 3 to 4 inch size meatballs.
- You can freeze them flat at this point and then store them in a ziploc bag for quick meals.
- If you cook them right away, place them in a standard 9 x 13 casserole dish and let them rest on the counter 30 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees, Add a small squirt of ketchup to the top of each meatball and spread across the top carefully. Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes covered.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, onion powder, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. *if you want this more “saucy” you can add 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes, do not drain the juice.
- Carefully uncover the meatballs, pour the sauce over, and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, uncovered.
- The meatballs baked in the sauce when done will be slightly firm and the sauce will be bubbling. Take out of the oven and let rest ten minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and the sauce from the pan. Top with dried parsley.
A little more about Holley Insurance…
Holley Insurance was founded in 2000, and retains a core base of loyal clients. We have locations in Roanoke, Rocky Mount, and Forest, VA. As an independent insurance agency, Holley Insurance represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies. Therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price. If you’re interested in starting a quote online or having us take a look at your current policies, click here!