Low Cost/No Cost Ways to Motivate Your Employees
- There are many inexpensive and easy ways to motivate your employees.
Here are some of our favorite low-cost/no-cost ways to motivate your employees:
- Give a weekly “shoutout” during your team meetings. Pick someone who did something great that week and tell the group! It doesn’t need to be a big thing to warrant recognition. In fact, it can almost be more meaningful when someone notices something small that you did!
- Celebrate milestones. Did you hit a team goal? Accomplish something you’ve been working towards? Celebrate with a team lunch or coffee and donuts. Making a big deal out of accomplishing goals is a great way to motivate employees to accomplish other goals!
- Survey your employees to find out what motivates them. Do they like being rewarded individually or as a group? Do they like to be recognized in front of others or privately? Take their answers into account every time it’s time to hand out a reward.
- Find out what they like! Ask each employee to fill out a questionnaire about their likes and dislikes. Questions can include, “What’s your favorite way to treat yourself?” or “What’s your favorite local restaurant?”. Save their answers and reference them when it’s time to reward someone! Showing that you care about what’s important to them motivates them to do good work for your company.
- Offer flexibility. Would your workplace be able to allow for one employee to leave early one day a month? Think about how you could make flexibility work for your specific situation. Perhaps there is a way to let employees work from home one day a month? Could you give out longer lunch hours as a reward? If you get creative, there are probably ways to allow for flexibility within your specific work place. Sometimes a half a day off is the best reward you could ask for!
- Make a point of checking in with them every day – and NOT just about work stuff. How is their family? Did their son win that big game? Did they start planting their garden? Show that you care by being genuinely interested in their life and well-being.
- Make Friday Jeans Day!
- Ask your employee what tools they need to reach their goals. Not the company’s goals or the boss’ goals, but THEIR goals.
We’d love to hear from you! What are some of the best ways you’ve found to motivate your employees? Comment below and let us know!
A little more about Holley Insurance…
Holley Insurance was founded in 2000, and retains a core base of loyal clients. We have locations in Roanoke, Rocky Mount, and Forest, VA. As an independent insurance agency, Holley Insurance represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies. Therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price. Holley Insurance was named “Top Insurance Broker in Southwest Virginia” by Virginia Living Magazine for 2021. If you’re interested in starting a quote online or having us take a look at your current policies, click here!